Based in Sydney, Nimble Activewear is looking for a Product Developer to join our tight knit Nimble Ninjas.
From concept through to production stage, Product Development is the front-line regarding communication with the finished goods vendor base, launching sketches, requesting sampling, fitting products and keeping an accurate data library of the life cycle of a product. Product Development is a truly cross functional role working in close collaboration with Design and Merchandising.
THE GOSS ON US
As our name suggests we are Nimble in both name and spirit. We make quality activewear that she can feel great in. Who’s she? Her, us and you! Our crew is located in the heart of Edgecliff where we practice our preach on the daily. We sweat together, a few of us commute together and all of us laugh together.
We’re still young and our hustle is legit, so expect everyday to be different. There are many moving parts to our growing brand from web to retail and all the in betweens. It is up to each of us to take action, follow up, follow through, evaluate and innovate.
Balance is a truth that we constantly achieve with our hard work, heads down, healthy eats, daily sweats, chats, (some not so healthy) snacks and giggles.
YOU'LL BE DOING THINGS LIKE
The Product Developer at Nimble Activewear creates world class athletic & lifestyle apparel that is acknowledged as leading in design, function, fit and quality. Under the mentorship & partnership with the Senior Designer; you develop the line from tech pack hand-off to the production of garments.
Prototype Management & Development: 95%
- Responsible for prototype management, style number & colorway creation
- Organise daily work-flow that adheres to critical path & development timelines
- Working closing with our Offshore Team; you are the key communicator
- Develop and create tech packs to communicate requirements for design aesthetic, fit, and construction (while considering cost impacts)
- Measure and review proto samples based on submitted tech pack and size specs
- Prepare for fittings & presentations: Measure, evaluate fit sample submit (construction, execution)
- Conduct product fitting in collaboration with Design: Present style history, take notes of the required fit and construction corrections discussed for assigned styles
- Spec and analyse garments to determine compliance of measurements, workmanship, construction direction, and maintain fit intent
- Analyse and communicate the outcome of fittings and construction reviews with cross functional and vendor partners
- Maintain data integrity in BOM (Bill of materials)
- Manage and track seasonal colour lab dip approvals
- Support in co-ordinating garment testing samples and raw material developments as needed
Strategy and Other: 5%
- Advocate for the use of technology to drive innovation and efficiency across the Product Organisation
- Ability to travel to offshore factories
- Be a leader on the Product Development team
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- BA Degree with focused training in Technical Design, Patternmaking or relevant experience
- 4 - 5 years minimum industry experience (preferably within the Technical Design and/or Patternmaking / Fit Departments)
- Proficiency with a PLM software is recommended
- Familiarity or proficiency with Gerber Pattern Making and/or 3D softwares an asset
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator,Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Excel, Word, Mac platform
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, textiles, sewing techniques and technology applications
- Driven by the technical aspect of the product creation process
- Understanding of Size Grading
- Working knowledge of fabric, construction, draping, and pattern making
- An attention-to-detail junkie
- A hard-working rockstar that understands the start-up hustle and is excited to be a part of everything that goes along with this
- Inspired by the active industry and always keen to share ideas
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Comfortable with taking initiative and a proactive problem solver
- Self-motivated, strong sense of urgency, collaborative mindset
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Full work rights in Australia
WHAT WE CAN BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A fun and active work environment in a co-share workspace
- A day off for your birthday
- No corporate suits, embrace your own style, whatever that may be!
- An active crew that you can join for some sweats in local studios
You can apply by clicking the link below. Please provide a CV and a ONE PAGE cover letter.