As Store and Community Manager you will be responsible for all areas of the store and brand in your respective market through the effective leadership of your team. You are essential in shaping the brand in market as well as running an entrepreneurial business that anchors in community. The Store and Community Manager coaches and mentors the team in creating exceptional experiences inside and outside of the store.
The Goss On Us
As our name suggests we are Nimble in both name and spirit. We make quality activewear that she can feel great in. Who’s she? Her, us and you! We sweat together, a few of us commute together and all of us laugh together.
We’re still young and our hustle is legit, so expect everyday to be different. There are many moving parts to our growing brand from web to retail and all the in betweens. It is up to each of us to take action, follow up, follow through, evaluate and innovate.
Balance is a truth that we constantly achieve with our hard work, heads down, healthy eats, daily sweats, chats, (some not so healthy) snacks and giggles.
You’ll be doing things like
- Continuously creating an exceptional and noteworthy customer service experience
- Develop innovative strategies that support business, brand, community and people growth that result in driving top line sales
- Ensure that all back of house activities are undertaken efficiently, such as inventory management, in order for front of house to perform at its best capacity
- Maintain backroom organisation and cleanliness
- Management of window displays and weekly merchandise flips inline with Brand guidelines
- Create weekly newsletter highlighting new products, processes and Head Office communications
- Management of weekly banking, bank log and store expenses
- Create and maintain monthly rosters and manage hours inline with business budgets and targets
- Support the development of a team that balances financial results and execution with a fun, challenging, and creative atmosphere
- Proactively recruit to fill your team pipeline; always on the lookout for amazing additions to your team
- Clearly communicate all relevant Head Office information to the retail team
- Provide quality feedback on trends affecting store performance to HQ team
Community & Other: 20%
- Actively build relationships within the cities influential health and wellness networks
- Maintain and manage the local community event calendar
- Develop, plan and execute local community events and private shopping nights
- Attend classes in the community to connect with studios and teachers
- Work closely with our leadership team, producing results which help achieve company goals as well as being responsible for wider community initiatives
- Perform and complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required
This role is broken down between 2 days at our Head Office in Edgecliff and 3 days in our Bondi Beach store.
To rock the role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Based in Sydney and available Tuesday to Saturday
- Experience as a retail Store Manager
- A hard-working rockstar that understands the start-up hustle and is excited to be a part of everything that goes along with this
- A customer service junkie
- A retail lover
- Experienced in leading projects and teams
- An exceptional communicator
- A relationship builder in the city and neighbourhood – a true connector – out and about building key relationships
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Enjoys analysing figures and confident with budgets
- Awareness and compliance with retail blackout periods
- Full work rights in Australia
What can we bring to the table:
- A fun and active work environment
- An active crew that you can join for some sweats in local studios
- 2 office days at our Head Office in Edgecliff where you will be working on wider retail and community initiatives
- A car spot at our Bondi Beach store
- A ClassPass membership for you to get sweaty with our community and build key relationships
Did you know research shows women don’t apply for roles unless they are 100% qualified for, but men will give it a shot if they are only 60% qualified? If you’re loving what you’re reading but don’t quite tick all the boxes – please still apply. Retail skills can be taught, but the perfect combo of personality, work ethic and enthusiasm is what we’re really hunting for.
To apply, please send through your cover letter & resume to email@example.com