Based in Sydney, Nimble Activewear is looking for a Junior Fashion Designer to join our tight knit Nimble Ninjas.
As a Junior Fashion Designer you will be responsible for supporting all members of the Design and Development team as well as supporting the Senior Fashion Designer in the development of the product from ideation to pre-production sign off.
With a focus on design support, you will deliver key outcomes for the Design and Development team.
THE GOSS ON US
As our name suggests we are Nimble in both name and spirit. We make quality activewear that she can feel great in. Who’s she? Her, us and you! Our crew is located in the heart of Edgecliff where we practice our preach on the daily. We sweat together, a few of us commute together and all of us laugh together.
We’re still young and our hustle is legit, so expect everyday to be different. There are many moving parts to our growing brand from web to retail and all the in betweens. It is up to each of us to take action, follow up, follow through, evaluate and innovate.
Balance is a truth that we constantly achieve with our hard work, heads down, healthy eats, daily sweats, chats, (some not so healthy) snacks and giggles.
YOU'LL BE DOING THINGS LIKE
- Support the Senior Designer in the creation of the seasonal collection through design tasks such as trend research, ideation, sketching, mood and fabric boards
- Design original pieces that support the seasonal stories and intent, while maintaining brand consistency having FOB and margin targets in mind
- Create and execute seasonal sketches and tech packs to ensure for a clear handover to our vendors
- Maintain and nurture close working relationship with our offshore team
- Create, edit and maintain CAD sketches throughout the season
- Build and maintain the colour merchandising line plan
- Brief in seasonal print direction and manage relationship with graphic designers
- Manage the seasonal style name and content creation, signing off on finalised copy with Marketing
- Keeping up to date with trend and silhouette research and analysis
Fabric & Colour: 20%
- Own the fabric and trim library organisation
- Track and follow up on fabric developments and testing reports
Development & Fit: 35%
- Work to critical paths and meet deadlines, ensuring timely delivery of product and management of process including that all PP samples are signed off in order to meet order window timelines
- Build out style tech packs and specifications
- Support the Product Developer in the development and fit process throughout the commercialisation of the product line
- Have the ability to conduct garment fittings to capture feedback, changes and action points
- Effectively communicate and liaise with factories for style development follow-ups as needed
- Fabric Development – assist the Designer and Manager with new fabric developments, managing any new fabric testing and wear testing where applicable
Wholesale and Other: 10%
- Organise and prepare photo shoot samples
- Compile line sheets using Indesign
- Other ad hoc duties as required
TO ROCK THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE:
- Completed a BA or Diploma in Fashion Design or a related course
- 3 years or more experience within a similar role is a must
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, textiles, sewing techniques and technology applications and eager to learn more
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Excel, Word, Mac platform
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- An understanding and passion for fashion and retail consumer products as well as the health & wellness industry
- Comfortable with taking initiative and a proactive problem solver
- A positive worker who gives and welcomes feedback with strong communication skills
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results
- Full work rights in Australia
WHAT WE CAN BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A fun and active work environment in a co-share workspace
- A day off for your birthday
- No corporate suits, embrace your own style, whatever that may be!
- An active crew that you can join for some sweats in local studios
You can apply by clicking the link below. Please provide a CV (including a link to your portfolio) and a ONE PAGE cover letter.